Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Paleo Butternut Squash Chili and Paleo Gingersnaps

Hey everyone! I keep forgetting to update this blog with my recipes. So here are a couple new ones that I made tonight! I'm obsessed with ginger snaps so I keep tweaking my recipe and I love each and every version of it they are all amazing. This one I think is perfection! I love crispy ginger snaps don't get me wrong but this one just heavenly it is so light, soft, and fluffy. Oh and of course delicious! I also made a Butternut Squash Chili that is good for anyone's palate I made this for a group of people so I didn't make it spicy but I would have added cayenne and probably hot sauce had I only been eating it so feel free to add those to it if you too like the heat! ;)

Paleo Ginger Snaps



Ingredients:

1 cup almond meal
2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 Tbsp of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses 
2 Tbsps coconut oil
2 large eggs at room temperature 

Instructions

1)Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper or parchment paper. 
2)In a food processor or two bowls combine dry ingredients and process/mix. 
3) Pour molasses and crack the eggs into processor, blend or place in second bowl and mix. 
4) Put the two together and mix if using a hand mixer instead of food processor. 5)Using a spoon(or a tablespoon) scoop evenly on to a baking sheet or two depending on how big your baking sheet is.
6) Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes.
7) Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 min before placing on cooling rack. Once cooled store in container in the fridge.  
8)Yields about 15-16 cookies depending how large you make each cookie. 


Paleo Butternut Squash Chili


Ingredients

2 pounds of grassfed ground beef 
1 cup of butternut squash cut in cubes
1 green pepper
1 large onion
1 container of sliced portobello mushrooms/whole ones 
3 cloves of garlic
3 long stalks of celery
1 jar of tomato sauce I used tomato basil by pure edibles (from sobeys)
2 tomatoes
1-1 1/2 tbsps chili powder 
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp of coriander powder
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
Optional *
* 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
* 1 red onion
* 1 green onion
* sour cream (for on top)
* shredded cheese of choice

Instructions

1) Heat a pot on medium heat and add coconut oil.
2) Chop onions and garlic and add to pot
3) Once the onions and garlic are translucent add your spices let cool for a minute or two.
4) Add the ground beef and cook til you don't see any red.
5) Start cutting the rest of your veggies while you wait for the meat to cook. 
6) Add all your veggies to your pot and the tomato sauce.
7) Let simmer on medium for about 30-45 minutes or until it meets your taste.

Enjoy!

Please be sure to follow me on Instagram, Periscope, and Pinterest at Mamabearpaleo Twitter at Crazydaisyk and Facebook at Step up and make it happen 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home