Sunday, November 01, 2015

Paleo Cream of Broccoli & Bacon Soup


Hey there! I haven't posted on here in over a year and mostly due to the fact I've been working on myself. I've had many people ask for recipes lately that I've made and posted via Facebook or Instagram. So, I thought I would post my most recent one. I also am working on creating a webpage but for now I'll be posting here till I get that all figured out! 
So until then welcome and hope you say hi and if you make my recipe please tell me if you liked it in the comments! -Cara


Paleo Cream of Broccoli and Bacon Soup 

Ingredients

1 Head of Organic Broccoli
1 Can of Organic Coconut Milk (full fat I use Compliments brand from Sobeys)
1 Carton of Organic Chicken Broth (I use Pacific brand)
1 Yellow Onion, minced
1 Pack of Bacon ( I used Hutterites Beef Bacon from Save on foods but any bacon would be work)
Optional Cheese (I used in the picture Goats Milk Mild Cheddar Cheese made by Great Lakes purchased at Save on foods)
Sea salt and pepper to taste 

Instructions 

1) Melt butter or coconut oil in pot. Once butter or coconut oil has melted cut up the onion and cook til translucent on medium heat. 
2) While that is cooking cut up in small pieces the bacon and add to the onions cook for a few minutes and then add your liquids: coconut milk and the chicken stock. 
3) While that is heating cut up the broccoli into small pieces and add to your pot. 
4) Let simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the broccoli becomes soft enough for your taste. 
5) Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on top and the cheese if your not dairy free. Serves 2-3 people. Enjoy!


Please follow me on other social media! 
Pinterest, Instagram, and Periscope are @mamabearpaleo, Twitter: Crazydaisyk and Facebook: Step up and make it happen

http://www.influenster.com/profile/Crazydaisyk






Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home